Microsoft Outlook 2010 is included in both Microsoft Office 2010 suite and some versions of Office 365. This third party email client is available by means of purchase to the open public and is similar in function to Outlook 2013.
Setting up Email in Outlook 2010
Follow the instructions below to configure email using Microsoft Outlook 2010.
Microsoft Outlook 2010 Startup Wizard
Should you opt to use the Startup Wizard, when it appears:
- Click Next.
- On the E-mail Accounts page of the wizard, click next to set up an email account.
- Proceed to step 4 below .
- Open Outlook 2010.
- Click on the File menu.
- Click Add Account.
- On the Auto Account Setup page, your name and email address will auto populate based on how you’ve logged into your computer. If these settings are correct, click Next.
- When prompted, provide the full email address and password for the email account being configured.
- You will be informed that the setup is complete. Click Finish to finalize the process.
If Outlook is not able to complete the setup, please make sure that your email address does not require registration via the Outlook Web App. Outlook will fail if an account has not been registered.
For more information on the Outlook Web App, please refer to the following link:
Finding Server Settings
To locate your server settings:
- Sign into your email account using the Outlook Web App.
- Click Options.
- Select See All Options.
- Go to Account.
- Select My Account.
- Click POP, IMAP and SMTP access.
The IMAP, POP and SMTP server names and other settings that could be useful when configuring your email account will be listed in Protocol Settings under the pages forPOP, IMAP or SMTP.